The importance of marketing for business success
Regardless of your size and how long you’ve been in business, much of your success will depend on the marketing approach you select.
Most aspects of your business depend on successful marketing. Marketing is a process by which a product or service is introduced and promoted to potential customers. The overall marketing approach covers advertising, Public Relations, promotions and sales.
Without marketing, your business may offer the best products or services available in your industry, but none of your potential customers would know anything about it. The absence of marketing also reduces sales levels, meaning that your business will not reach the levels of success it deserves.
Here are some factors to consider when determining your marketing approach:
- Is your target market local or international?
- Can you take advantage of free marketing?
- Should you use a marketing company? What are the advantages and disadvantages of working with them?
- Do you keep and store data or information?
- Do you make good use of SEO?
- Do you make effective use of a varied mix of online and offline marketing methods?
- Do you utilise landing pages on your website?
- Can you disseminate industry knowledge and advice in your sector using white papers?
- Do you utilise email signatures?
Finally, always ensure that you test, track, measure, evaluate and re-evaluate the results of all marketing efforts and expenditure on a regular basis.